Remember that resolution I made last year to read more books for fun? Apparently I didn’t remember it, either!
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle
- Pure by Julianna Baggott
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore
- Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore
- Welcome to Vietnam (Echo Company #1) by Ellen Emerson White
- For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund
- Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein /
- Liar & Spy by Rebecca Stead
- The Diviners by Libba Bray
- The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell…valiant effort but abandoned when it took six weeks to get to page 18.
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- Winter Dreams, Christmas Love by Mary Francis Shura
So next year, truly, I resolve to read more for fun, which has the added benefit of helping me stay sane and feel like myself. Funny how books can do that.
And for the curious, I received 178 or so agented submissions this year, a healthy mix of age levels, but tending mostly toward YA. And edited a whole bunch of books, too, which involved reading manuscripts multiple times. Which is how it must work out that I’m constantly reading but only have 13 books on this list!