There’s a new Arena season, and as always, there are brand new meta teams to watch out for. The arrival of Dark cocoa cookie drastically changed the meta, and the new Epic Treasure (Miraculous Natural Cure) proved useful in a certain team composition! Let’s take a look at the best meta teams in the Cookie Run: Kingdom arena for season 3 of Frost Queen right now.
1. Dark Cocoa Comp
- dark cocoa is incredibly useful for Arena, as it provides many useful skills, like its Injury Debuff and Zap skill; the former can remove 25% of the enemy team’s max HP, meaning enemy healers can’t heal as much as they normally can. It is more powerful than the other debuffs as it currently cannot be cleansed in-game, making the Bookseller’s Monocle debuff useless against it. The Zap skill is similar to Twizzle Gummy Cookieand can deplete enemies’ HP shields. This makes Dark Cacao a good counterbalance to Eclair Cookie and Pure Vanilla Cookie, whose HP shields can be particularly annoying to deal with.
- This composition usually uses a second tank, because dark cocoa is more offensive than defensive. Common choices are Strawberry Crepe Cookie and Cocoa Cookie; for this comp to be effective they need to have a 3 second start, so make sure you have at least 22.3% cooldown on the secondary tank you want to use. A 4 second start would make the team much less effective as it would disrupt the order of the team’s skills; if you can’t start in 3 seconds, you’d better use Dark Cacao as your only tank.
- For attackers, the most common cookies to use are: Eclair Cookie, Frost Queen Cookie and Sea Fairy Cookie
Players usually only choose two, with a preference for Eclair Cookie since his stacking Weakness debuff is great for targeting the enemy’s biggest damage dealers. Whatever attackers you use, it’s best to use a full set of Raspberry on them.
- For healers, people usually choose either cotton cookie (one of the best epic healers in the game) or Pure Vanilla Cookie. While Pure Vanilla has seen less use in the Arena due to Dark Cacao countering its HP shields, Pure Vanilla is still great as a healer, especially since it heals your entire team at once, instead heal gradually over time (eg Cotton Cookie heals by tick, allowing your cookies to die before Cotton fully heals them.)
As always, healers make full use of Quick Chocolate Toppings. Note: If you already have 3 Legendary or Ancient cookies on your team, you will not be able to choose pure vanilla.
- Treasures for this comparison Scroll of the Old Pilgrim, shows Squishy Jelly and Sugar Swan’s Shining Feather / Monocle.
The Feather is the standard option, but if you’re confident in your team’s survivability (meaning none of your cookies are killed at the start of the match), the Monocle is also a good choice as it applies a debuff cleanse, countering Lightning Bolt’s Weakness Debuff.
2. Tea Knight Comp
- While he wasn’t as popular in the previous arena season, tea knight quickly grew in popularity, to the point that the majority of top arena rankings have Tea Knight on their defense team! The new epic treasure released in the Dark Cocoa update has really benefited Tea Knight, making him a terror in the arena.
Tea Knight Cookie uses Whole almonds like toppings, and it is required that he has the highest DMG Resist substat of the whole team, as his main skill relies on him being the last remaining cookie. If he dies early in the match, the entire team composition collapses!
- Currently, the best cookies to use in a Tea Knight Compare:
- Dark cocoa cookie (27.1% CD for 3 second boot) or Cocoa Cookie (22.3% CD for 3 second boot)
- Flash (Full raspberry toppings)
- sea fairy (Full raspberry toppings)
- frost queen (Full raspberry toppings)
- treasures for this comps are: Parchment, Faded Insignia, Shiny Sugar Swan Quill/Blind Healer’s Staff/Miraculous Natural Remedy
Faded Insignia is a must-have for a Tea Knight Comp (so Tea Knight would have plenty of survivability), and the third treasure is up to you to test which works best. Treasure Remedy is beneficial for his ATK boost, just make sure Tea Knight has the highest HP so he is the one who will benefit from the buff.
3. No Tank Comp (Anti-Tea Knight)
- Specifically created to counter the Comp Tea Knightthe main purpose of this composition is to eliminate Tea Knight first, rendering the Tea Knight composition useless.
- The cookies for this composition are:
Shark Sorbet Biscuit
They make full use Almond fillings as they are at the front of the team and can be a little fragile. They are an important part of the team since their skill clears a percentage of cookie health, instead of a fixed amount. This allows them to easily defeat Tea Knight quickly.
She use be full quick chocolate (if you want it to freeze enemies more often) or Full Raspberry (if you want it to deal as much damage as possible to the enemy team). Frost Queen is more commonly used than Sea Fairy since Sea Fairy’s stuns are countered by Cocoa, while Frost Queen’s freeze skill doesn’t yet have an actual counter.
Like Sorbet, they also use Whole Almonds due to their fragile health. Pumpkin’s summoned creature applies a reduced healing debuff, greatly reducing the amount of healing enemy cookies get.
Cotton and Perfect
A great duo, this pair can heal Pure Vanilla and apply boosts to the team too! Cotton has her sheep that can damage tanks, and she stuns, which is also useful. Perfect has his 40% Debuff Resist, which is a great counter since the game is steadily introducing more and more types of debuffs. This team uses Scroll, pluck and watch like treasures.
What do you think of our choice of meta teams for the Cookie Run: Kingdom Frost Queen Season 3? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!