The e-book market is fragmented and vendors are deploying growth strategies such as offering different payment methods like pay-as-you-go to compete in the market. The global e-book market is highly competitive owing to the presence of various established publishers and emerging startups that are offering innovative solutions. This has resulted in various mergers and acquisitions (M&A) in the market, contributing to players’ product portfolios and helping them to increase their geographical presence.
Amazon.com Inc., Apple Inc., Bertelsmann SE and Co. KGaA, Cengage Learning Inc., Hachette Livre, HarperCollins Publishers, John Wiley and Sons Inc., Kensington Publishing Corp., Macmillan Publishers and McGraw Hill, among others, are one of the few key vendors competing to maintain their market position.
Learn more on the highlights of the market vendor landscape with a comprehensive list of vendors and their offerings.
Key market segmentation
- Segmentation by product:
- Consumer eBook:
- The consumer e-books segment will largely contribute to the overall market growth over the forecast period.
- Mainstream eBooks include adult fiction and other genres of fiction. They are mainly purchased by individual end users. The demand for fiction books is increasing due to changing reading habits of individuals.
- Professional e-book
- Educational eBook
Request a sample of this report for more highlights in market segments.
Regional Market Outlook
By geography, the market has been segmented into North America, EuropeACPA, South Americaand MEA. North America will contribute 45% of the market growth over the forecast period. The growth of this region can be attributed to the benefits of e-books, including better accessibility, lower costs, and better student engagement through interactive content. If we look at the market growth by country, the United States and Canada will contribute to the highest market growth.
Download our sample report for more key highlights on the regional market share of most of the countries mentioned above.
Latest trends and Conducters in the Ebook Market
- Market engine:
- Benefits and engagement of e-book readers:
Some of the interactive components built into e-books include verbal interaction, augmented reality (AR), and games. These characteristics, along with the traditional aspects of plots and illustrations, make e-books popular. Thus, the demand for interactive e-books will continue to increase which, in turn, will drive the growth of the global e-books market over the forecast period.
- Market trend:
- Growing adoption of online local language translation modules in e-books:
Content localization and online translations into the local language are gaining in importance. Publishers translate e-books into various local languages. For example, UK-based First Editions Translations has served various clients across Europe in translating books into a wide range of local languages. Thus, the localization of e-books will promote the growth of the targeted market in the long term.
Find additional information on various other market drivers and trends mentioned in our sample report.
UK E-Learning Market by Product and End User – Forecast and Analysis 2022-2026
E-learning Market by End Users and Geography – Forecast and Analysis 2022-2026
Scope of the e-book market
Growth momentum and CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 7.25%
Market Growth 2021-2025
Annual growth (%)
North America, Europe, APAC, South America and MEA
Successful market contribution
North America at 45%
Main consumer countries
United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, China and Italy
Leading Companies, Competitive Strategies, Consumer Engagement Reach
Profiled Key Companies
Amazon.com Inc., Apple Inc., Bertelsmann SE and Co. KGaA, Cengage Learning Inc., Hachette Livre, HarperCollins Publishers, John Wiley and Sons Inc., Kensington Publishing Corp., Macmillan Publishers and McGraw Hill
Parent Market Analysis, Market Growth Drivers and Barriers, Fast and Slow Growing Segment Analysis, COVID 19 Impact and Recovery Analysis and Future Consumer Dynamics, Market Status Analysis for the forecast period
If our report does not include the data you are looking for, you can contact our analysts and customize the segments.
2 Market landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value Chain Analysis: Education Services
3 Market sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Supplier offers included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market Segment Analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.4 Market Outlook: Forecast 2020 – 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global – Market size and forecast 2020 – 2025 ($ million)
- Figure 07: Global Market: Year-on-Year Growth 2020 – 2025 (%)
4 Five forces analysis
- 4.1 Summary of the five forces
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 and 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of Substitutes
- Piece 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Piece 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market Status
- Exhibit 14: State of the market – Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Product
- 5.1 Market Segments
- Exhibit 15: Product – Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by product
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by product
- 5.3 Consumer eBook – Market Size and Forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Consumer eBook – Market Size and Forecast 2020-2025 (USD Million)
- Exhibit 18: Consumer eBooks – Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Professional eBook – Market Size and Forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Business e-book – Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (USD million)
- Exhibit 20: Professional eBook – Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Educational eBook Market Size and Forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 21: Educational eBook – Market Size and Forecast 2020-2025 (USD Million)
- Exhibit 22: Educational eBook – Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.6 Market Opportunity by Product
- Exhibit 23: Market opportunity by product
6 Customer Landscape
7 Segment by Platform Usage
8 Geographic landscape
- 8.1 Geographic segmentation
- 8.2 Geographic comparison
- 8.3 North America – Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 8.4 Europe – Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 8.5 APAC – Market Size and Forecast 2020-2025
- 8.6 South America – Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 8.7 MEA – Market Size and Forecast 2020-2025
- 8.8 Major Leading Countries
- 8.9 Market Opportunity by Geography
9 drivers, challenges and trends
10 Supplier Landscape
- 10.3 Landscape disturbance
11 Vendor Analysis
- 11.2 Market Positioning of Suppliers
- 11.5 Bertelsmann SE and Co. KGaA
- 11.6 Cengage Learning Inc.
- 11.8 HarperCollins Editors
- 11.9 John Wiley and Sons Inc.
- 11.10 Kensington Publishing Company.
- 11.11 Macmillan Editors
- 12.2 Currency conversion rates for the US dollar
- 12.3 Research methodology
- 12.4 List of abbreviations
Technavio is a global leader in technology research and consulting. Their research and analysis focuses on emerging market trends and provides actionable insights to help companies identify market opportunities and develop effective strategies to optimize their market positions. With over 500 specialist analysts, Technavio’s reporting library consists of over 17,000 reports and counts, spanning 800 technologies, spanning 50 countries. Their customer base consists of enterprises of all sizes, including more than 100 Fortune 500 companies. This growing customer base relies on Technavio’s comprehensive coverage, in-depth research, and actionable market intelligence to identify opportunities in existing markets and potentials and assess their competitive positions in changing market scenarios.
Media & Marketing Manager
USA: +1 844 364 1100
UK: +44 203 893 3200
E-mail: [email protected]